Saturday 30 October 2010

Exploring London: Day One - around Chinatown, Manga Store and The Shoe Boutique


I've decided that this half term was spent well. I had the time and opportunity to visit all kinds of must-go-to places around central London;(including the national galery,which I have never been to before; pretty shocking.) all in the space of one week which was pretty exciting. (Although Beyond Retro still remains on my list). I'm accually on the verge of becoming Dora the Explorer.I took plenty of photos because I knew I won't be going there anytime soon. On Tuesday I went to Chinatown with my friends which was lovely as I haven't been since Chinese New Year in 2008. My friend, Jesse, who has a quirky obsession with Manga(which is a name given to comics, books and print cartoons based animated Japanese people) made us go to HUGE Manga store nearby.  We were all pretty much dreading it, apart from Jesse ofcourse,  until we entered it. To my surprise, it was one of the most exciting stores that I've been to; think Disney Store but with Manga and anything for a movie Fan(they even sold Twilight dolls). In the corner, sat a wax figure of Spider Man , observing you as you entered and as you descended into the ground floor, above you there was something in the form of a mini spaceship, attached to the ceiling. In contrast to the geeky-but-cool stuff, there was whole two stands dedicated to Hello Kitty - Calling Hello Kitty Fans! I have never though something so not-my-kinda-thing could bring such fascination; but that's the thing about London, its a city full of surprises.
GOSH, cover up.



 Later on in the day, we came across this gorgeous shoe boutique called Author. It was so all homey, cute and posh. The window display (pictured) immediatly grabbed my attention, so much I had to take a picture. I found a lovely pair of Vivienne Westwood ballerina pumps pictured (below), which you don't really find in the avarage shoe store.
Calling all fashionistas, shoe-hollics and vintage lovers; this is a place for you ♥

Author
 76-78 Charing Cross Road
WC 2H 0BD
Nearest Tube; Leicester Square

MY BABIES! ^


(Other nice shoes)




 The staff was really nice too
I suggest you pay a little visit.


MORE SHOES :)


During out exploring, me and my friends came across this weird looking thing.
"strange is beautiful"



Keep a look out on Exploring London Day 2; Covent Garden, National Art Gallery, and Rokit (the queen shop of Vintage)

Love Karo ♥
All my own pictures

10 comments:

  1. i really cannot believe u have never been to any of those places!! my mum has been draggin me round the national gallery (one of my fav places ever) evry holiday 4EVER!! how have u never been?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! As I said its pretty shocking, but i did manage to go this half term which was quite exciting ♥ I've been quite well, how about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment :)

    ahh love those vivienne westwood shoes. even though they could come off tacky, they are pretty amazing.

    Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the ballerinas! even though I'm never gonna wear ones, I have made a pact with myself about that(unknown reason) cute blog:))))
    check out mine http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!)))
    Lovely post&blog, very beautiful my dear)))
    I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like you blog s lot !!!
    check out my blog please :D

    XoXo

    patt-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love London !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME BLOG POST!!!!
    Sounds fun... x
    CAT x
    www.beacopycat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it seems you have been finding all the stuff i love about london incliding irelgular choice

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated muchly. If you leave your blog url, I will get back at you anytime soon, fair and square :) ♥