Wednesday 3 November 2010

Friday: National Gallery, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus ♥

Exploring Continued.



On Friday, myself and Deanna made a  journey into Central London. We took the train to Piccadilly circus and decided we'll just have a look around. Below, you can see Deanna, looking busy with her 'robot phone' as I like to call; it features so many apps and is almost like a mini portable robot :). Anyway.... 




We ended up in Trocadero, which is mainly a massive three floor arcade. Although fully aware that they are a complete waste of money, we spent almost an hour on the 10p machines, which turned out to be a waste of time, as we left with nothing won . Then we skimmed past Leicester square and somehow arrived at the national gallery. I've never been before but I've heard some really good reviews, so I was looking forward to it. I managed to take a few photos before getting told to put my camera away and almost threatened of being chucked out, which I believe wasn't really fair due to the fact that most of the paintings can be found on the Internet without any trouble. Here's an painting by George Stubbs, which I really admire. It's a painting of a life size pony.


Then we went to Covent Garden in which we found some really cool shops such as Urban Outfitters, The official Doc Marten store and Rokit (pictured below) which has superduper vintage items of all sorts- handbags, shoes, purses and of course clothes-and the prices are reasonable. I highly recommend popping in, especially if your a vintage-lover, like meeeeeeeee ♥








Just as we were going through Covent Garden we popped into the little stores in the Piazza, such as Octopus, David And Goliath and of course the glorious Candy Cakes, which has cupcakes that looked like they had been hand-painted on the spot :)






The entertainment in covent garden is great; stand up comedians, clowns, performers, what more could you want?

A stall with colourful accessories





Covent Garden has it all- the live entertainment, the modern and vintage stores, the loooveely food and of course the market; with jewelery , hats, scarves and pretty accessories. It's so convenient and has a slightly vintage theme to it yet the place is so current and there's that refreshing vibe.





I LOVE LONDON.


PS: Just a quick question.
I found these really gorgeous shoes(below) in a little shop called Tomcat Leather for about 55 pounds (29 Neal Street Covent Garden) although I'm not too sure they would be suitable for the cold winter that's emerging rapidly.
Advice needed QUICK.
Should I get them or leave'em?

x

Love, Karo ♥
all my own pictures

26 comments:

  1. I Love this photos, i love vintage)))
    Very nice post&blog!!!
    Lovely dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove covent garden!
    THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR FOLLOWIIIINGGG
    You made my day!
    And I love your blog too, especially your pictures- very unique!
    So I'll follow you back :)
    Bonnie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhhhhhh can't believe you put that picture of me on your blog!!!
    but it was really fun, we should do it again sometime ;)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really pretty and rather inspiring bunch of photos. Sadly they don't have a vintage shop were I live. but well, can't do anything about that. Leave a short comment on my blog so that I will be able to find your easer. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. london is great.and so is rockit and the doc shop.I did a post about a while ago.

    www.fashionista-i-wish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing :)
    Lovely post and photos
    NICE BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just read your description and literally agreed with everything you said :L also, i love rokit vintage. and covent garden. and candy cakes. SNNNAP.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a shared love for London, Docs and Vintage stores, so I've read :)
    Your blog is cool, I'll defenitely follow you back :)

    www.the-scatterbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! I LOVE LONDON! I' m totally in love with this city.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post and photos, i enjoyed it :)

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love London too!! Can't wait to be there again! :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment, Florence really is amazing! :)

    www.the-heart-of-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ei thankf for your comment!! FOllow me if you want, I' ll be so happy!
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Covent garden is rad! I love all these pictures too, I haven't been for ages, makes me miss it haha. Thanks for the sweet comment, as usual, you put a smile on my face! + Just did a new post!
    Panda xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm following you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the blue trench coat!
    I miss London!

    <3 E.

    http://thehearabouts.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are really quite lovely.
    Cute blog x

    ReplyDelete
  17. loved all your pictures, now i want to go to London again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. get the shoes they are gorgeous! I did a project on George Stubbs he's a great artist! Thanks for commenting and I'll definitley follow! Aly xx

    http://faith-in-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im following now! dont forget to follow me!!
    xx

    Redhead In Law

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog, I follow you!
    I hope that you follow my blog too :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your blog karo!!! check out mine http://throughthatlookinglass.blogspot.com/ luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it wont let me follow!!! in my mind i am following u!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. great collection of pictures :)

    thanks for your sweet comment and following you back!

    starcrossedsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated muchly. If you leave your blog url, I will get back at you anytime soon, fair and square :) ♥