Monday 3 January 2011

Bring on New Year

2014 is here!.

My New Year Resolutions:
  • Make Stuff - Make more handmade/self made stuff. Especially if they're just little things that I need. We're talking pencil case or bag-for-life or something along those lines. And it's not just for the sake of it, while making stuff I can improve on my sewing skills AND save money :). I started off by making a bag for my lunch. I used my sewing machine to put it all together but when it began taking shape I couldn't fit it all under my sewing machine so I was forced to do a bit of handsewing around the edges. It's made of a colourful A3 brochure and sticky back plastic with some fabric for the handles and a zip. May I add: It's waterproof ;) Check it out below


  • Be more organised 
  • .
  • Buy less handbags- I have this mad obsession with handbags that I have been trying to soothe for ages now. I've been doing really well until I saw this glorious vintage floral bag for 8 pounds in a vintage store in Kingston. It was literally screaming "buy me, buy me", I had no choice but to buy it. 
  • Buy more winter stuff. Why is it that when ever I walk into a shop, I'm immediately attracted to shorts and skirts? I find it really hard to focus on winter stuff, which is what I really came for. 

  • Save up for a good camera- Although that would take a decade and beyond. By 'good camera' I mean like a Nikon or Olympus or Cannon DSLR.
And Lastly (this is a slight outlier and a tad crazy but....)
  • Finish designing a dress for Lady Gaga: I started designing the dress for her since the beginning of this month yet I hadn't really got round to finishing it yet. I'm planing on seeing her in concert and then somehow giving it to her although I need a bit more of a detailed plan :)
Enough about me, what are your resolutions?

10 comments:

  1. thats a good list!
    most of your resolutions are similar to mine I need to get a job, sew more and buy more winter clothes I've been working on that last one a while lol! hope you stick to them and the bag you made is funky too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot of New Year resolutions! I don't really have any resolutions, to be honest...I prefer to live life without being pressured to get something done as fast as possible.
    Thank you for commenting on my blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow karo that bag looks amazing, can't believe you made that from that magazine thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your list, good things (((:
    wanna follow my blog?

    http://janzq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you ARE adorable! just earned yourself a new follower :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my new years resolutions is to save money to buy more quality clothing... :) Like your blog. I'm following, check me out and follow too if you'd like.

    http://angeliqueinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gOOD jOB :D
    like ure Post :D

    hugh serah

    http://serah-de-fashix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, I'm a follower now will you return the favour? Your stardoll post was amazing, it looked like good fun how did you get to do it?

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the post it on your mirror,def. adopting that approach!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments appreciated muchly. If you leave your blog url, I will get back at you anytime soon, fair and square :) ♥